We understand how crucial it is to choose the right D.J. in South Bend on your special day as your wedding dj in South Bend, Mishawaka and Notre Dame. Information is the key to that decision, but what kind of questions should you ask? Questions, such as "Do you take breaks and how many?" while valid, will not distinguish one entertainer from another. Take the time to ask some extra questions. Be sure about your choices before you make them. Your decision can make or break your entire wedding reception. We've taken the time and assembled the 10 best questions you should ask before hiring your entertainment.
1. Are they available? Begin your phone call by indicating the date, time, and location of your special event. If they're not available, no sense talking much further!
2. Does the DJ know the proper etiquette for your type of party? With sufficient experience, a professional DJ will be able to act as your Master of Ceremonies and guide you smoothly through your celebration from start to finish, allowing you to relax and enjoy the party. With experience comes confidence and knowledge. Many things can happen during an event...some are expected, others are not. The experienced professional has the ability to handle eventualllities that may arise before they become problems and ensures that the evening runs flawlessly.
3. Are you insured? Responsible business owners will carry liability insurance in order to protect their business as well as their consumers. Also, many venues require proof of liability. Ask for proof of liability insurance. In Tune D.J. Service, Inc. will provide you with their certificate upon request.
4. Will you play requests and discuss music selection ahead of time? A veratile DJ should listen to your suggestions, provide feedback and play from your desired song list. While requests are always welcomed, we rely on our discretion, experience and your input as to what songs or genres you may not want played. However, we cannot know your preferences without sitting with you in consultation and so this is strongly encouraged.
5. Do you use Professional Equipment? You are paying money for professional service and your DJ should have state-of-the-art equipment and the knowledge to operate it. Make sure it's professional grade equipment, not home stereo or consumer grade. As professionals, they should have made the investment in quality equipment. Ask them what speakers, and amplifiers they use. Some of the better names in professional audio are: Electro-Voice, Mackie, JVC, QSC, Cerwin Vega, Rane, Behringer, Pioneer, Shure, Samson, Denon, and Crown.
6. Do you provide backup equipment at my event? Even professional equipment can fail on occasion, so it is important to know whether your DJ has extra components, or hopefully another entire sound system available to them. Any number of circumstances may arise between the time you book your DJ and the date of your event. Usually, only the top-notch pros invest the extra money to ensure that everything works on your event date. Booking a reliable DJ is a very important decision for the success of your event.
7. How much time do you allow for set-up? Punctuality is a necessity. Most DJ's arrive at least two hours prior to the start time you've given them. Your D.J. should ideally be set-up and in-place before your first guest walks through the door.
8. Do you provide a written agreement? Make certain the DJ has a written agreement and that everything you expect of them is in it. If they refuse or only provide verbal assurances, then get up and leave. No one remembers everything agreed upon months later when the actual event takes place. An agreement protects you. Have them list what their overtime charge is in case you decide to run late. You don't want any surprises there. Make sure all correct dates, times, address, phone numbers, and deposits are listed. The standard deposit for entertainment services is 50%.
9. Will you be suitably dressed for our occasion? Specify they type of apparel that your Disc Jockey is expected to wear for your occasion. Formal attire or coat and tie are the most popular forms of attire.
10. How much do they charge? DJ rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service, coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability and personality. Rates for the D.J. industry vary greatly. The cheapest price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding. As a matter of fact, in hindsight, surveys conclude that nearly 90% of brides would have gladly spent more money on their disc jockey and made it their number one priority. A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest 18 to 40 hours for your special event if it may appear that you are only paying for "five hours". Consultations, music, purchasing and editing, preparation, set-up and teardown, education on other business related endeavors add up to the overall success of your special occasion.
DJ IN SOUTH BEND, MISHAWAKA, NOTRE DAME, AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS OF NORTHERN INDIANA AND SOUTHERN MICHIGAN
DJ, Music, Elegant Emcee, D.J. Music, Wedding, Weddings, Dancing, Reception
Copyright © 2017 In Tune DJ Service - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy